June 27, 2005

Inactive Blog? Or Inactive Lawn Mower?

The Wife complained last night that I hadn't blogged in a while. I've been quite busy going with friends for their birthday celebration, getting in trouble, entertaining my mother who is visiting in town, cleaning up dog shit from the front yard, making The Wife her favorite breakfast, and trying to fix the goddamned lawn mower. Again.

This time the battery gave out on me. I spent two and a half hours taking it apart to check two fuses to make sure that they hadn't blown. I was unsuccessful. One fuse is relatively easy to check by removing the side panel, but the other one is embedded, upside-down, inside the tractor's housing and cannot be accessed from any angle. Minimal charge is getting to the starter, however, so I strongly suspect that the fuses are not the problem. The advantage is that I was able to ignore the "DO NOT REMOVE" hazards all over the battery and remove the battery from the tractor itself, so this afternoon I can go take it to have it charged.

No comments: