January 13, 2009

Now I Don't Want To Buy The Dark Knight Anymore

I enjoyed The Dark Knight very much and I was tempted, the last time I was at Target, to buy one of the copies on the display rack. But now I know better. I won't be able to watch it. Warner Bros. has put copy-protection on the DVD such that I will not be able to play it on my computer at all. Asinine.

Unlike Max Barry, who was technologically savvy enough to figure out how to illegally rip the DVD he legally purchased so that he could watch it, I don't have or care to spend money on any of the technology necessary to bypass this sort of copy protection and instead I would rather just be able to use something that I buy in the legal manner which I choose.

So I guess I'll just watch more streaming TV on hulu instead.

No comments: