July 5, 2008

Problems With The Tesla Strategem

The Wife and I were talking that with our lotto winnings, we might buy his and hers Tesla Roadsters. All-electric, enough range to get to and from Los Angeles on a whim, they go from zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds, and they look sexy like Porsches.

We agreed we'd get them in green and gold but I think The Wife prefers the premium orange and I like the metallic indigo color. Those are the colors of our choice, but people would think we're Broncos fans.

We have two problems with our plan:

1. There seems to be no drink holder in the cockpit. This is a problem, especially if you have a drink.

2. For some reason, we did not actually win the lotto tonight. The liquor store clerk assured me that this was the winning ticket, so I don't know how that could have happened.

Well, maybe the 2009 model will have a drink holder, and we can reserve them now -- just as soon as we actually get that winning ticket. And the car has only about 220 miles of range before it needs a new charge, which takes a couple of hours. So even though the Tesla looks like a lot of fun, I may have to wait for my Volt. Because I'm no hypermiler but I want to be both easy on the environment and easy on the gas consumption.

No comments: