April 2, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering

Yes, there are still Hillary Clinton supporters out there. It seems that most of the Democratic and Democratic-leaning blogs I read are pro-Obama in one way or another. But I got a little bit out of my usual rotation this evening and found one woman's (Cappella’s) explanation for why she likes Clinton better than Obama – in a nutshell, it seems that she perceives that Clinton would be more competent and Obama is a big phony. (It seems that McCain isn’t even a consideration for her.)

Okay, I can see that. Hillary is certainly a safer choice than Obama; we all have a pretty good idea of what kinds of policies, issues, and conflicts would likely arise under her Presidency. I can understand someone picking the devil we know over whatever is behind door number three. She’s still my third choice out of the three remaining candidates, but yes, I can understand why someone would put her on top of that list.

But with all the dogpiling on Clinton's campaign, her tactics, her insistence on staying in the race, it's important to remember that there are significant numbers of people who think that she's the best choice available and have some enthusiasm about her. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them (I don't).

No comments: