May 8, 2008

Odiferousness

I think I've just had another "blue pill" moment, one where a revelation of reality turns out to be not so very pleasant and makes me wish I'd opted to extend my ignorance. This time, it's having a newly-activated sense of smell. The downside to having good anti-allergy medication is that now my nasal passages are clear. Now I can smell a lot of things that I couldn't smell before.

And when I'm at home, sitting on my couch -- either the couch in the office or the couch in the living room -- or on the floor doing yoga, I can smell cat shit all the time.

I didn't used to smell the cat shit, and let me tell you, it's foul. I can't seem to find anywhere comfortable to sit in the house that isn't near a litterbox, and it doesn't matter how much Febreeze I use, fresh waves of cat shit-scented air seem to continually waft over me. I don't know what those cats are eating but damn.

No comments: