December 10, 2006

Retail Transaction

"Hi, I need a new phone."

"Oh, did something go wrong with your old one?"

"Yes, it was damaged in a tragic washing machine accident."

"Okay, let me check your contract, see if you can get one of those new Chocolate phones. Stand by... No, it looks like you need to wait until either the end of the London Olympics or until the Buffalo Bills win a Super Bowl. Or you could buy one from us for full retail price."

"Is there anything I can do to get my phone service re-activated before the glaciers return and that doesn't involve forfeiting the down payment on my house?"

"Well, here's what you do. Go to Target, buy yourself a cheap pay-as-you-go phone. Don't activate the service there; we'll transfer your service to it. Don't buy a phone here at the corporate store, we've got the worst deals in town."

"I'll be back."

"Um, that's what the Terminator said, dude."

"Okay, I promise not to drive my car into your front window if you hook me up later."

"Deal."

"Oh, is there a cheap hands-free set?"

"Yeah, check it out:"


"No thanks."

1 comment:

Sheila Tone said...

LMAO re the hands-free kit.

That was a joke, right?