February 8, 2007

Dreaming Memories

One thing about a combination of insomnia, stress from work, and mental overloads has been a series of incredibly vivid, intense, and realistic dreams. Particularly disturbing have been times I've woken up with dreams that seem so real I wake up wondering if I was dreaming or remembering something that had happened to me. After some thought and careful reconstruction (in the middle of the night) the unreality of the dream can be ascertained, although being half-awake in the middle of the night trying to separate dreams from reality is not necessarily a pleasant experience.

The Wife has been under the weather; maybe I've caught a bit of whatever she has and this is the effect. Maybe it's just stress -- and when I stop and think about it, I really don't have much to be stressed about; just keeping up with work, something that I know is well within my capability. So it's just one of those things, I guess. But it's surreal waking up and having what feel like real memories of something that you realize could not possibly have happened.

No comments: