November 22, 2005

A Vision Of My Future

I resigned my duties as manager of the firm yesterday night. I'm not entirely sure how The Great Man really feels about that; he was very sedate in a staff meeting to discuss it and he seemed to grievously misunderstand the reasons why I did it despite having made myself as clear as I possibly could.

I say "not entirely sure." But that doesn't mean I don't have an educated guess. With The Great Man's recent obsession with overhead, his avowed desire to "slow down" and have a smaller office, his past expressions of resentment of my insistence that I be paid for my work in the form of money, his previous disdain for the management decisions that I did make, his refusal to take my advice for how to change things, and the recent fireworks regarding the handling of a vendor and a personnel issue, I have a pretty clear vision of what my future at The Law Offices Of The Great Man looks like:


And just after agreeing to buy a house, too -- this comes right at a time when I need financial stability more than ever. But I don't think I had a choice to do anything but what I did, and even if I hadn't, something tells me the result would have been the same anyway. At least this way, I can hold my head high and feel like I did the right thing on the way down. That won't feed my family or pay my mortgage, but then again, that would have been the inevitable result anyway. So it's high time I update my C/V.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that The Great One has lost one of the smartest men that I have ever met. I read your site every 3 days or so and learn something new all the time. And on most occasions I get a good hearty laugh out of the deal too. I thank you again for sticking your neck out for me even though in some way I feel responsible for you having to update that CV of yours. I hope that we can stay in touch. Keep on Blogging.

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot. LOVE the picture. Thanks for the laugh today. I needed it.

Becky said...

Darling, you did what needed to be done. I'm proud of you for taking these steps as I know it wasn't easy for you.

I've got your back and we'll get through this. We're in this together.

Also I agree with Anonymous, "...The Great One has lost one of the smartest men that I have ever met."