November 13, 2005

A Great Day So Far

1. Slept in as late as I could.

2. Had a nice breakfast with The Wife

3. Got to goof off on the computer for a reasonably long amount of time.

4. Had a nice lunch with The Wife, then went shopping for home improvements (in anticipation of item #7, see below).

5. The Green Bay Packers are actually winning (so far).

6. My fantasy football team is (so far) tied for the lead for the week.

7. The Wife and I are buying a house! We put in an offer yesterday and we just got a call from our realtor advising that the seller accepted our offer. We close on December 16 and can move in the same day. We probably won't, that being so close to the holidays and all, and wanting to do some work on the house before we move in to it, but we are going to be homeowners!

So now I'm going to cook dinner, teach my class, and contemplate what it's going to be like to own my own home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your good news. It is a great step to become a homeowner.