August 13, 2005

Slack-Jawed Astonishment

The anniversary of the Watts Riots in Los Angeles was just a few days ago. A tough time for the city and the nation, as the ugly reality of poor race relations, police brutality, and the fragility of the thin line between civilization and anarchy became revealed for all.

So it is with my jaw well and truly agape that I learn that Huey Newton's widow is going to start selling "Burn, Baby, Burn Revolutionary Barbeque Sauce" in the near future.

I can see the label now: "A tasty sauce with a tasteless name."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Burt Likko said...

Sorry, anonymous -- any product or service to be endorsed on this blog requires my personal approval. You have not even had the courtesy to offer me a cut of the proceeds from references coming from my blog, which qualifies your remark as spam. You're outta here.