August 15, 2005

Here I go again...

As some of my Loyal Readers know, I teach online classes in business law for the University of Phoenix. I'm starting a new online class this week. Thing is, I'm only halfway through another class now. I just spent about an hour teaching the first class and another hour setting the second one up. I do my best to copy my work from one class to another to save some time, but there's still some tedium involved in setting up the online classroom.

Ideally, I'd only teach one class at a time, but I turned down something like four classes to go visit the folks last month, so I want to keep my faculty scheduler at University of Phoenix happy. So that means that for the next two weeks, I'll be teaching two classes. When I was otherwise unemployed after moving here to Tennessee, I had as many as three classes at one time -- but that kept my hands pretty full. Two classes and full-time work out to have me at about the same fever pitch of intellectual activity.

The good news is, it's some extra money, which we can start salting it away for our eventual down payment on a house. It's nice to think that despite a rough landing here in Tennessee, we're now in a position where such a thing is possible and, while perhaps not within our grasp this instant, within the realm of a reasonable short-term future. After all, being able to buy a house was one of the big reasons The Wife and I came here in the first place.

No comments: