August 5, 2005

Got it!

The disaster from last night was not so terrible after all. I did have version 12 of the document at the office to revise, and I had at least done one edit before. It took me some time to more or less reconstruct what I'd done and a little more time to finalize the work as I'd intended. At the end of the process, I only lost about three hours total. With some support from EYLC and the paralegal, I've been able to get the opposition finalized. At present, it's being copied for filing and service under seal. Whew!

I'm even in a position to help out my co-counsel in D.C. with last-minute changes to their briefs. Hopefully we get everything from them in time -- the clerk's window closes at 4:30 so that gives them about an hour and a half to get everything down to me and me enough time to hand-file their stuff.

After that, I'm going to buy my crew a drink at the downtown brewpub. They've earned it, and so have I.

No comments: