August 8, 2005

Intense weekend

After buying the staff a beer Friday night, I went to the hospital to visit my relative. After going home, I was called back -- awaiting the results of an emergency surgery kept me and a large group of people there until four in the morning. My relative is now in stable but critical condition, but again we've been given reason to hope for the best rather than to fear for the worst.

I've been in kind of a daze ever since the late-late night hospital session. In order to fall asleep that morning, I used some Tylenol PM and sleep aids like that always throw me off big-time. The night after, a pitcher full of martinis shared with friends returning from California helped spur me on to sleep, but I decided to eschew chemical assistance last night and wound up unable to fall asleep until 2:30. When I woke up about three hours later to feed the dogs, I felt like a zombie.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yo, me too. I fear I may become addicted to sleep pills. Oh well, much better than all that nasty stuff they sell on the street corners - right?