November 9, 2008

Post Election Poll Results

Like most of you Readers, by far the biggest surprise I had on election night was seeing Prop. 8 pass. I'd like to thank the one Reader who was most surprised by my loss of a bottle of Scotch -- thanks for the vote of confidence. And I agree with you Readers' second-biggest suprise being that Sarah Palin kept her ignorant yap shut said nothing during John McCain's concession speech.

Personally, I think she's got no viable political future; the campaign has thoroughly discredited her in my mind. But, like I noticed yesterday, she is going to Iowa. After all, a sitting Governor of Alaska surely has lots of regular political business to transact in Iowa -- trade missions to set up, language teachers to exchange, and of course fine-tuning the UN-administered corn-for-oil program.

And I bet that the same sort of people who continued to say that they approved of the way George W. Bush was handling the country even as thousands of our soldiers died every month in Iraq and the stock market got flushed down the toilet -- the same sorts who would approve of Bush if he strangled a live meerkat to death during a photo-op with the President of South Africa -- those are the same people who were genuinely surprised that McCain-Palin 2008 lost, and those anre the same people who are already jockeying for position in the Palin For President 2012 campaign.

1 comment:

zzi said...

Lavender font. a little condescending ?