January 16, 2007

Why Don't They Like Him?

I've never been able to figure out why the religious right doesn't like John McCain. It certainly isn't his stance on the social issues that religious folks care about -- he's pro-life, against same-sex marriage, in favor of vouchers for religious schools, and in favor of federal funding for "faith-based" charities. All things that "values voters" care intensely about. But still they "pray they won't be stuck with him." There's a deep-seated distrust there that no amount of positioning on the issues seems to be able to overcome.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the guy ever did to earn the enimity of these folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of McCain supporters would have to switch parties to vote for him. Did you look closely at the sign? It's a great site. You can make your own.

http://members.dslextreme.com/
users/zzi/potted/

Burt Likko said...

I checked out your version of the sign, anonymous. Sorry, but I don't get the joke.

Anonymous said...

I think you will understand this.

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/zzi/
eagles.txt

Anonymous said...

It's not boxer, as in Rocky. More like D.C.