March 9, 2006

Welcome New Readers

A few days ago, I made a comment on Michael Reynolds' ever-amusing, pleasingly bitter and often usefully thoughtful site, The Mighty Middle. (If you're not familiar with his site, I am a fan, particularly of Product Placement Pundit.) Sometimes I cross-post to his site, and he returned the favor Wednesday with a cross-post back here.

In the two days following, I've gotten over two hundred new unique visitors -- usually this site gathers between thirty to forty new visitors a day, most of whom stay for less than five seconds. For a blog that is not pure in its focus -- sometimes I make political comments, sometimes professional, sometimes personal, sometimes ones that just amuse me -- I know I can only hope to obtain so much audience beyond the circle of people who know me or The Wife personally. So 200 hits in two days, most of whom stuck around long enough to read what I had to say, at least about the ridiculous proposal to ban the sale or exhibition of sex toys. That's a lot for this little ol' site.

I hope for a loyal readership, but a broad one is very nice, as well. I also hope for a readership that makes frequent comments; that's part of the fun of the blogging experience for everyone. So welcome, new readers; please keep coming back and feel free to chime in!

1 comment:

Salsola said...

Congrats dude!