March 20, 2006

Five Thousand

Some time tonight, the blog will get its #5,000 new view since I began tracking hits on the blog. Repeat hits in a 24-hour period from the same computer are not counted, but repeat viewers are counted. Five thousand hits in about four months is not bad for a blog of less-than-general appeal, I'm prone to think. I've got some readers out there I've not had the pleasure of meeting personally, and that's quite gratifying; more gratifying are comments and dialogue. (The only comments I ever delete are spam or obscenities lacking any substance.) Blogging is fun, and thanks to the unstructured nature of the posting -- I can post whatever I want, whether it's a long essay, a discussion of my own opinions, a personal update, a recipe, or anything else for that matter -- it's pretty fast for me, too.

If you are viewer #5,000, please leave a comment to that effect!

No comments: