August 22, 2008

Masterfully Played?

There is a media frenzy about who Obama will pick to be his running mate unlike any I can remember since I started watching politics as a teenager. It's really reached a fever pitch this morning. Is this a case of the media working itself up into a lather, or is there some tinkering around with the press going on by Camp Obama? If it's the second of those choices, I really have to offer a golf clap of appreciation. Squads of reporters are gathered around ready to pounce any second now on Tim Kaine and Evan Bayh.

UPDATE: I just got a text message on my phone announcing that Obama has announced his running mate -- Michael Phelps, and inviting me to get more info at www.obama-phelps2008.com. Someone out there is clearly having fun with this.

No comments: