August 23, 2008

Argh - The Lost Post

I had a wonderful, historically-rich, and melancholy post all written and teed up for publication yesterday. I started it with the medieval-period emergence of Tibet, traced it through the fall of the Chinese Emperors, the autonomous period that ended in the 1950's, and then focused on the brutalization of Tibet that has taken place since then. There was some overlap with my post about religion in China, what with the missing Panchen Lama and the Tibetian Government in Exile.

But something happened and I don't know what but all that good stuff vanished and now I have to re-create it to explain the tragedy of Tibet. Along with more research for today's "Evil Olympics" post. Well, I've got to write something I suppose. But it sucks losing all that work.

No comments: