November 2, 2007

Son of Kidney Stone

After another day of pain, this time accompanied by a lengthy navigation through a medical bureaucracy and a CAT scan, it has been confirmed that I have another kidney stone in me. This week's pain is localized in a somewhat more... masculine area. Los huevos started aching early this morning, bad enough to wake me up and again to drive me away from work.

So, only now do I get home with some drugs for the pain. Indeed, at 75 pills, it seems that the doctor was particularly generous with the candy, but hey, it was Halloween not too long ago so maybe that explains it. So until further notice, I get to pee through a strainer and hope that this two millimeter calcium crystal is smoothed rather than jagged. (If so, that makes me Beowulf, taking on the Mother of Kidney Stone as a second and greater challenge than the first.) And enjoy the gentle charms of Vicodin.

To make it worse, my buddy has an extra ticket for USC's homecoming tomorrow, which would be Big Fun, but there's no way I could have fun there like this. Here's hoping the little bugger passes soon -- and while I'm stoned on the Vike!

1 comment:

Orange Phantom said...

what can I say??! This too shall pass..... I was never able to 'capture' the culprit. I hope you have better luck.