November 11, 2007

An Inconvenient Sunday

The Ninja is in the shop, because the "service engine" light is on and the car keeps on stalling out for no apparent reason. So we're down to one car until at least some time tomorrow.

This means The Wife has to drive me around everywhere in the Blue Bullet. That included the sports bar to see the game while she went back to work on the home improvement project, although I accompanied her to Wal-Mart after breakfast to help out with the shopping and dealing with all of the agonies that are inherent in a trip to Wal-Mart first.

After the Packers game was pulled from broadcast for lack of competitiveness (not that I'm complaining) I had to go to the office to meet with another attorney here and brief him on a case he's going to take to trial for me on Tuesday. My hands are full with other imminent deadlines, so it's a big relief to not have to try the case.

So The Wife dropped me off here and went away to do her own thing. After my colleague got here, we found the office's computer network down, which handicapped our ability to assess any of the preparation that I'd previously done when I first readied the case for trial in June. We talked for about an hour and a half, and then lacking any ability to access any other information, he went home to pore over the exhibits, and I wrote a little bit and called The Wife to fetch me.

I suppose there could be worse problems to have than these.

No comments: