May 4, 2007

Pick Up Stix

A few days ago, instead of having lunch with the partners at the firm, I worked through lunch and figured I'd get some faster food for lunch. So I went to the new Pick Up Stix down the street, thinking I'd try something new.

The food turned out to be pretty good, for counter-service fast food, and the price was quite reasonable for what I got. It was delivered to my table as I read the newspaper by a friendly, if somewhat harried, expediter.

I say "harried" because the place was absolutely jam-packed at 2:00 in the afternoon, and it took more than half an hour between the time I ordered my food and the time it was presented to me. I don't know if that was because the crew didn't have their act together yet or if that is the intended speed for the service. But it wasn't as fast as I had been led to believe it would be -- my "fast" solo lunch turned out to take more than an hour.

No comments: