November 24, 2006

No Florida Trip For A While

It's been a while since I made a post; that's not been for lack of activity but rather because of a surplus of it. I have some time today so I will have a chance to write more.

The big news is that today, as of about twenty minutes ago, my imminent trip to Fort Myers, Florida, is at least postponed if not cancelled outright. This is an immense relief as I not only did not want to be away from The Wife and my animals for something as stupid as this case, but I also was seriously dreading travelling on one of the busiest days of the year.

In other news, The Wife and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with some friends in Sherman Oaks. Good food, good friends, and good wine make for a marvelous time. As is something of our tradition, we went out to see a movie afterwards and enjoyed Stranger Than Fiction. Not as good as the Bond flick from last weekend, but it was another movie and seeing the movie at the Sherman Oaks Galleria was a reminder of how big a part of the economic and cultural landscape the movies are to Southern California.

No comments: