November 11, 2006

Everybody Loves A Parade

I've seen not nearly as much of The Wife as I would have liked for the past several weeks. She had a conference for Toastmasters and today, she got up early to volunteer for a Memorial Day parade. This latter volunteer project has been taking a lot out of her. It seems that the people putting the parade together have a deep wealth of good intentions and the organizational skills of FEMA responding to a natural disaster.

I dropped her off at six this morning at the parade site and came home; I expect that whenever I hear from her that it's all done and I should come get her that she will be full of frustration and anger, as she has been nearly every time she has gone to any meeting with any of these people. I think she needs to not get involved in this sort of thing again.

As for me, I'm going to catch another hour or so of sleep before I go to the office. Not that I don't like veterans myself, but I've no desire to attend the parade and knowing several veterans, most of whom feel as averse as I do about functions like this, I don't think a lot of vets will be upset that I'm choosing to use my Saturday to help my family and my clients instead of standing around watching a bunch of people walk down Lancaster Boulevard. I hope that the parade works out, and tonight I'll try and find something nice to do for The Wife tonight because once again, she deserves a reward of something she likes to do for all the hard work and emotion she has poured in to trying to help others.

No comments: