June 2, 2009

From My Spam Filter -- A Reason To Drink Pepsi!

This charming message found its way into my e-mail today. Fortunately, the spam filter caught it but as it turned out today was a day I checked the spam filter to make sure nothing I actually want to read is getting thrown away. So I saw that somehow, Donald E. Wildmon is aware that Out magazine contains "page after page of nude and semi-nude photographs of men in suggestive positions."

He must have made a detailed review of the magazine to find out.

Now, he and his "American Family Association" are very upset that Pepsi has advanced the homosexual agenda by having:

  • Taken out an advertisement in Out magazine, apparently looking to exchange their fizzy sugar water for gay people's money.
  • Refused to withdraw their membership in the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce when the AFA asked them nicely to stop associating with those awful homosexual gay people.
  • Required its employees to attend diversity training classes explaing why anti-homosexual bigotry is a bad thing (in part so as to avoid being sued by gay people).
  • Sponsored gay pride parades in a further effort to encourage people to exchange their money for Pepsi's fizzy sugar water.
  • Gave a total of $1,000,000 to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG).
  • Gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to the "No on 8" campaign in California and other pro-same-sex-marriage political causes.
  • Advertised on TV commercials in an effort "to promote the homosexual lifestyle." (I call bullshit on this one -- I can't think of any Pepsi commercial I've ever seen that has ever illustrated homosexual behavior.)
Well, for the most part, I approve of all the things Pepsi is accused of doing here, and while this is not a commercial (since this is a non-commercial site) I will say that when I am in the market for sugary fizzy water, this e-mail makes me more likely to select a Pepsi product than a non-Pepsi product.

Also, I'll say that as a general rule, whatever the American Family Association asks me to do, my presumption from now on will be to do the opposite.

No comments: