April 8, 2006

Recovery from Sleep Deprivation

Another bout of insomnia last night; I managed to get about five hours of sleep all told. To recover this morning, I'm having a cup of tea and a bowl of cereal. But as my cereal of choice was nearly empty, I've had to resort to blending. This has created an unholy alliance between the two arch-rival producers of breakfast cereals -- Kellogg's and General Mills. I've got a bowl half full of Pops ("Big Yellow Taste, Sweet Corn Crunch!") and half full of Honey Nut Cheerios ("Whole Grain Oat Goodness With A Touch of Honey and Almond"). It's like the Superfriends of breakfast -- when Superman from the DC universe gets together with Batman from the Marvel universe... look out, evil! There's nothing like a bowl of SuperCereal to kick-start a day and great way to get ready for cleaning out the garage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That combination of yellowish, honey-flavored cereals actually sounds pretty good.

We had the same garage issue a couple of months ago. Eventually, the Man gave up and did it without me. He did a great job. From each according to his ability, to each according to her need.