September 13, 2005

And there's still no plastic spoons

EYLC got his two weeks' notice on Friday. Today I found that Happy Bachelor Lawyer is being cut free immediately. Southern Gentleman Lawyer, a completely independent entity, is getting his rent raised. Son-of-the-Great-Man appears to be emerging unscathed, to the surprise of exactly no one. And everyone is reflexively protecting Bird Lady, even though no one can describe exactly what it is that she does. Bad Attitude Paralegal is of the same mind as me -- it's hopeless here.

The Great Man wrote me a memo today which I'm sure he thinks is cordial and pleasant. Unfortunately for him, it is not; it is condescending and unsettling. It also suggests that I need to make arrangements for myself in about a month. Now, no one believes that anything around here will change in any meaningful way. But I do not intend to wait around and see.

I need to get out and move on. Everyone worth their salt here feels the same way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly does "make arrangements for myself" translate to? It sounds like you are being laid off.

Anonymous said...

Did you get the posting I forwarded?

Burt Likko said...

Yeah, dad, I took it to refer to a layoff, too. I don't know what forwarding you're talking about. Please try sending me something from your e-mail; after the Windows Wipe my whole address book got zonked.