January 3, 2006

Paint My House

A three-day weekend later, and all that's left to paint in the new house is the spare bedroom and the upper half of the master bathroom. The Wife, the Mother-in-Law, and I all worked hard over the New Year's holiday to get this much done. The result is that I'm tired, sore, and forcing myself to go through the regular morning routine to get back to the office.

If money weren't an issue, would I rather remodel houses for a living than practice law? Well, on the one hand, the results are immediate and tangible, so it's a high-feedback sort of job. But on the other hand, getting behind an installed toilet with a 1" brush is a pretty dicey and uncomfortable proposition. I suppose my body could get used to the stretching and contortions and with time, I wouldn't cut myself on things so much. Law is higher-stress but more intellectually rewarding. So yes, I'd be a lawyer even if money weren't an issue.

1 comment:

Salsola said...

It would be a whole lot harder in twenty years also. There are not a lot of old contractors.