January 8, 2006

Moving In

Yesterday we spent most of the day getting moved in to La Casa. The Wife and her mother did a great job finishing off the painting and we were very pleased with Two Men and A Truck's service. By about 1:00, all the big furniture was here and we spent the rest of the day running back and forth between The Estate at Louisville and La Casa -- which seems like La Casita compared to The Estate -- with more stuff. Most of our clothes and toiletries are here; the only big things left to move are food, pots and pans and other kitchen stuff, and artwork.

Finding places for critter stuff -- litter boxes, food storage, feeding bowls and the like -- has been a challenge. Moving the critters themselves was easier for me than The Wife; I got to take the dogs, who are good travellers, while she got the cats. Ginger is a little prima donna and gets scared at nearly everything. The poor cat is terrified of her cat carrier and soiled herself while driving over here. But they all seem to have calmed down and are adapting quickly to their new home.

One bad note is that this morning I haven't been able to stop sneezing or have my nose stop running. I should be nearly done with my allergy shots, but maybe it's just as well that tomorrow I'm going to see my doctor about that. Maybe it's not an allergy -- there is still the smell of fresh paint around; or it could be a cold or it could be two months of solid stress finally catching up with me. Either way, I wish it would end.

2 comments:

Salsola said...

Congratulations on the house. Ownership is great.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to visit! Your improvements sound beautiful.