December 9, 2007

Reunion

So The Wife and I go to the store today, to buy some stuff. There, we see this week's Rolling Stone magazine. Holy crap.

Led Zeppelin is having a reunion concert?

It's true. Jason Bonham will fill in for his dad on drums. They take the stage in less than eighteen hours from the time I'm writing this post.

These guys look old. And not in a good way. I just don't see them doing the hard rockin' tour thing in 2007. I have a hard time imagining how human beings could have done it in 1967. (The last link is for adults only.)

The picture is from a few years ago. Jimmy Page has stopped using the Grecian formula since then and Bob Plant had grown a salt-and-honey colored goatee. They both look like they've been rode hard and put away wet, if you know what I'm saying. (John Paul Jones seems to have taken pretty good care of himself, though.)

No comments: