December 6, 2007

Preview of Coming Attractions

Good thing I was already skeptical of Romney. I'm also downgrading my rating of him on separation of church and state. I will have much to say about his speech in College Station, Texas later tonight.  And no, I won't be addressing the contention that many of the Founders were deeply religious people, for so many of them were, or that a lot of deeply religious people have done a lot of really good things. But I will be taking exception, once again, to the vision of human rights as a gift from God, an erroneous understanding of the political philosophy underlying the Founding which Romney seems to share. I don't have time for more right now, though.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Looking forward to your reaction to Romney's speech.

Here's my take on the upcoming primaries and the religious baggage of the Republican Party:
http://the-independent13.blogspot.com/2007/12/
final-political-predictions-before.html