May 4, 2006

Hobbled

Without my laptop and the six months' worth of information stored on it, I have very little way to access a lot of knowledge that I need. I feel unarmed to take on the world. For instance, today I wanted to contact the real estate agent in Palmdale and start lining up places to live for our return in just over a month. But the number was on my old e-mail program and I had no way of getting it from the new one. I'll have to call back and get the information again and feel dumb for having to ask for the same stuff more than once.

Now I need to reconstruct the online classes, which will be a project for tomorrow morning. In the meantime, the work keep piling up in California. So there's no rest for the weary.

On the other hand, I was complimented by my students after my class tonight. Maybe they were sucking up, but since they know there is an objective test, it wouldn't do them much good.

And it's always amusing to learn of the incompetence of one's enemies. I particularly like the bit in which the most feared man in Iraq and his trusted advisors "do things like grab the hot barrel of a machine gun and burn themselves." He wears "New Balance" sneakers and can't switch his gun from single-shot to automatic. I'd put a "DUMBASS" graphic here, but all my stored graphics are on the laptop and I don't feel like searching the net for new ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The phrase is actually, "no rest for the *wicked*," TL. Modified from Isaiah 57:21.