May 3, 2006

Down With Bill Frist!

He is a supporter of the $100-per-taxpayer extension of the deficit intended to bribe voters into keeping the Republicans in power with our children's money. And he thinks that a constitutional amendment protecting the flag from being burned in legitimate political protests is more important than debating whether or not to open up American wildnerness areas to oil exploration or deciding whether the proposed Clean Air Act will or will not properly balance jobs and the economy.

I'm quite pleased that in just over thirty days' time he will no longer represent me in the halls of government. This Tory nut is an abomination to all the reasons why I originally self-identified as a Republican. He likes big government telling people what to do and spending their money on stuff they don't want or need. I'm even more pleased that in eight months, he will no longer represent anyone in the halls of government.

Here's who you should be for: Anyone but Bill Frist in '08. Looking at this list, I see a lot of people I'd be reasonably happy to see as President. Rudy Guiliani. John McCain. Condoleeza Rice. Colin Powell. Liddy Dole. George Pataki, even. If we've gotta have a Republican from Tennessee, then Fred Thompson. But I'm close to saying I'd rather have a Democrat as President than the excerable Bill Frist. The Democrats are clueless. Maybe that makes them harmless. The Republicans, however, have a plan. That makes them dangerous.

No comments: