August 19, 2009

A Christian's Evaluation Of How Christians Treat Non-Believers

As always, I enjoy thoughtful Christian thoughts on how non-believers are to be treated. This is a particularly damning evaluation of the behavior of a particular institution, from which frankly I had low expectations to begin with. The author, whose thoughts appear to be deeply-grounded in a desire to emulate Jesus, deserves your attention and praise -- and we should all, believers and non-believers alike, try to remember the lesson he teaches.Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I tried to give this a thumbs up, but received a message that said "error not found."

I liked this post immensely. Hopefully this will shed some much needed light on the problem.

Burt Likko said...

Huh, they told me it would work. I'll look into the thing and see what else might be done.

I liked the post immensely, too. I think the guy who wrote it is a Christian very much in the same vein as you and Andrew -- which is an attitude that I enjoy immensely, and that I always come away with something to think about and grow with. Have I mentioned that Becky and I really miss hanging out with you two?

Pamela said...

Aww, thank you. :) The feeling is definitely mutual. We all learn from one another which is one of the most beautiful parts of a good friendship. We miss you and Becky also. Knoxville isn't the same without our buddies.

DaveBuck said...

Thanks for that link!

I wonder if there is an atheist analog...someone who plants him/herself within a religious group that visits a 'freethought' event. How do big groups of atheists treat the religious on average?