November 17, 2005

Winter

It seems like just last week I mused about how we've had a short, lackluster autumn.

I can stop complaining about that now. It feels like winter. Most of the trees are bare, the temperature couldn't possibly have topped forty degrees today, and the wind is blowing cold and bitter. Oh, and it's raining more frequently now, too. I hated the winter last year and this one isn't looking to be that much more fun. At least this winter I'll have a job (I hope) instead of sitting home trying to eke out a living teaching online classes and doing low-budget appeals.

Now that I think about it, doing the appellate work wasn't so bad. If only I could get a steady line of it, and get paid reliably for doing it, I would love to stay at home and write appeals all day long. That, however, is not to be -- any more than is a long, pleasant autumn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how was that fine, if somewhat weak, beaujolais?