November 28, 2005

Huge Class

My usual online classes are ten to twelve students. My class starting tonight? Twenty-one. I'm going to set it up a little differently than usualy, given the large number of students. If a lot don't drop out, I'm going to have to do a few things -- like my jury simulation -- a lot differently. There's no rule saying a jury has to have twelve people, but that's the most common number and also a manageable one.

Twenty-one students. Yikes. And the tech geeks at University of Phoenix haven't set up my classroom for me yet and I should be watching the Colts and the Steelers on Monday Night Football instead of worrying about my class. Gripe, gripe, gripe...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? You've got a lot of class.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Pamela said...

Hahaha! I agree!

Salsola said...

I shudder to think about grading 21 poorly written essays. I suppose you cannot make the whole class multiple choice. Do they make you give a bunch of tests and drop the worst BS?