November 6, 2005

Close Haircut

I got a haircut today. I wanted a nice, short, corporate look; when you do what I do, a conservative but attractive appearance is important. I was discouraged, though, to see so many snips falling down into my lap with gray in them. I also was discouraged to discern a thinning spot on the back of my head.

I know this sort of thing -- graying hair and the heartbreak of male pattern baldness -- is inevitable. I'm not as far along as the fellow to the right, but all the same I'm not precisely pleased. Statistically, I'm approaching the halfway point of my lifetime. (Watching the Green Bay Packers play this year is not helping keep my hair dark, though.)

I guess I should see this as evidence of moderately advancing age and humanity and not let it bother me. I know The Wife will not care about this all that much. I've still got lots of hair and almost all of it is still dark. I'm not a good candidate for male hair coloring or for Rogaine. So it's silly to let it bug me, but it did bug me.

1 comment:

Becky said...

What are you talking about?! I haven't noticed your hair thinning at all. Bits of gray here and there, sure, but it makes you look so distinguished and sexy.