October 3, 2008

Icon Bleg

I found a tool that lets me design a "favicon," which is that custom icon that you see in the corner of your browser and on your bookmarks page for various blogs. So I made one with the "not a potted plant" logo -- a little miniature of the plant with the red circle-and-slash. But I need somewhere to host it and I don't particularly want to pay for it. Does anyone know any way I can get it hosted for free so I can link to it in the code of the blog?

UPDATE: It worked! Thanks to Michael Reynolds for the hosting. And his genius kid for the upload.

5 comments:

bobvis said...

Try posting it in a post and using the url blogger gives it. I'm not sure it will work, but you could give it a try.
This was an image from one of your prior posts.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ov-pT1x-W8Y/SOOP3J14VwI/AAAAAAAACak/oeBLhGKNnJ8/S1600-R/1001_bigmap.png

Burt Likko said...

The problem is, it needs to have a .ico suffix. Blogger allows you to upload .jpg, .gif, .png, .pix, and .bmp, but not .ico.

Michael Reynolds said...

The Kid says basically no. There are places you can host images for free, but they impose bandwidth imitations so after a while they crash.

However, The Kid points out that we can host it for you at StupidBlogName.com or Alblit.com, since we own those. We'd be happy to do so.

Burt Likko said...

Cool, and thanks. Supply me with an e-mail address and I will send it to you so The Kid can get it uploaded. In theory, all I need is a URL that links to the (tiny) image.

Michael Reynolds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.