October 7, 2008

Chart Adjustment

Today's charts on fivethirtyeight.com look like this. That's Obama winning somewhere close to 9 in 10 of the random simulations, and functionally all of the realistic ones. It's hard to not be disheartened when numbers like this are out there. And that means that tonight's debate (starting more or less as I post this) won't make a whole hell of a lot of difference.

I'm resigned to an Obama Presidency now. Where before I thought McCain had a chance, now I don't think it matters. Tell it to your mama: Obama’s got no more drama. He looks strong as a Brahama. and his VP's hair looks like it came from a llama. Even if they catch Osama, it’ll still be Obama. So said my lama while he was wearing a pajama, and he could see the whole panorama. It's gonna be Obama.


...Look, I didn't really get a lot of sleep last night.