July 21, 2006

Looking For A Teaching Gig

Last night, I put in for a job teaching a year-long Constitutional Law night class as an adjunct professor at a law school in Glendale. I would rather that my friend got the job so he could move to California, but that's not likely to happen for at least a year, so I figured I might as well go for it.

I really love the subject, and I really like teaching. I think I'm eminently qualified for the task, too -- I have a great background, having actually practiced Con Law for some time now. Granted, my most recent try at the subject was a loss, but that's not really the point; the point is I've been there, in front of a panel of the Ninth Circuit, arguing about what the Constitution does and does not permit the government to do to individual people.

This would be the most ambitious educational endeavor I've ever taken on, but I'd really like the challenge. As I just wrote, the campus is only about an hour away, so getting there once a week to teach wouldn't be that heavy a burden. Putting together a global syllabus and a series of lesson plans will be quite a bit of work, but of course I can do it. I loved teaching paralegal students tort law; how much more would I love teaching law students Con Law! So here's hoping.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I hope you get it darling! You'd be great at it for so many reasons. They'd be foolish not to hire you.