March 14, 2008

Blog, Blog, Blog... Blog, Blog Iran

This is interesting. I would have guessed that young people in Iran would use the internet to communicate in ways that are more free than their government would prefer. But I wouldn't have suspected that Iran was one of the most blog-dense countries on earth. Maybe some time when I have nothing else to do, I'll see if I can find some interesting Iranian blogs -- it would be interesting to get unfiltered views from within that country, about which we in the U.S. are so ignorant, and which is going to be of such strategic importance. In the meantime, I'll note that Iran is holding elections today, and that we should not be quick to dismiss the elections as undemocratic or meaningless, although the Iranian version of democracy does wind up looking a good deal different than our own.

No comments: