June 28, 2006

More World Cup Fun

So tonight after having dinner with our friends, we got home and while I'm scanning the net for things to blog, and The Wife notices that a lot of the players on the Italy team are good-looking. After browsing around through the website, she decided that the best-looking player is Allesandro del Piero, beating out team captain Fabio Cannavaro and the too-young Fabio Grosso as well as the other (perhaps easy on the eye) but too-young fellas. So there you have it.

My whole experience with World Cup play is with watching internet gamecasts rather than actual games, since they are fairly early in the morning here and I have to work. And I lack a strong enough background in the sport to do more than make other kinds of predictions. My best guesses for the quarterfinals are Germany, England, and Brazil. Brazil would be likely to beat England, so I'm predicting a Brazil-Italy match for the final. But after that, I'm kind of out of my depth.

The next way to decide, logically, was to have The Wife check out the Brazilian team and see whether the guys on Brazil are better-looking than the guys on Italy. Tops on that squad turns out to be Gilberto, who has played one game in the match, and scored a goal, against Japan. Overall, even though Gilberto is really, really cute, The Wife assures me that the "talent" level is higher on Italy than Brazil and Del Piero gets the edge. So that's a really good sign for the Azzurri. If they're better-looking than the Brazilians, then obviously, the Italians are going to win it all.

Avanti!

No comments: