February 2, 2006

Hooray for The Wife!

Today, The Wife had a job interview at a firm in mid-town Knox. She was offered the job and accepted; she starts Monday. She'll be working primarily to organize all their electronic filing and office procedures -- exactly the sort of job that she excels at and that she enjoys. She's been so unhappy at Whirlpool for the past half year that it's broken my heart, and now I'm thrilled that she's going to put that paralegal certificate to good use and do something more in line with her talents, intelligence, abilities, and inclinations. And, it's a shorter drive for her.

The firm does exactly what I used to do back in California -- business disputes, business litigation, and insurance defense. I'm a little bit jealous because I actually sent in a resume to this firm around Christmastime and I would have really enjoyed working there. I got no response at all back from them, not even an acknowledgement that they had received the resume, much less a communication of a decision not to hire me. But that is not a big deal; I will find work where I can. In the meantime, I'm very happy for The Wife.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks baby, and the flowers are BEAUTIFUL!