October 25, 2005

Why I Blog

1. It’s fun. I get a forum to sound off on all my opinions, whether founded or unfounded. Once or twice, people actually are willing to start a discussion or share different ideas. I love that. Hopefully some people will be inspired to think more deeply about the stuff I rant and rave about, and maybe someone might even be persuaded by something they read here. Probably not, but you never know.

2. It’s an easy and convenient way to keep all my people – friends, family, colleagues who I’ve chosen to clue in about the blog – on events in my life. It's not always easy to remember to call everyone or e-mail everyone all the time. So having a quasi-diary available is a good way to make sure that everyone knows what's going on in case I forget to tell them otherwise.

3. It’s good practice for writing. Writing skills improve over time, but only with practice. Whether I practice law, teach, or write for some other purpose, my writing skills are about the most critical ones I possess. Keeping those skills sharp is not only a part of who I am, but also a survival skill.

4. It’s interesting to see who is reading the blog. Especially now that I have a stat tracker, I know that people from all over the U.S., and some people from France, Australia, Brazil, the UK, and India have read this blog. I wonder what they make of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/102705/itd-last-longer.gif