August 22, 2005

Yes, I'm ready for some football

I'm ready for some football not only for its inherent worth, but because it's very frustrating watching my other favorite professional team remain stuck in third place in the worst division in baseball. Seriously, if you can't get past the sub-.500 Padres, guys, you need to seriously re-evaluate the way you're doing things.

So, based on this report, it looks like my fellow Packer fans and I are in for another pretty good year, thanks in no small part to the heroic number four. Granted, it's easy to pay too much attention to pre-season games, although ones where the first strings get playing time against each other, like Saturday's preseason game against the Bills, are a bit more meaningful. Wow, am I going to miss Brett when he's gone next year and hopefully this Rogers kid will resemble Carson Palmer more than Ryan Leaf. He seems to be doing OK in the attitude department, so again that's a good start.

I'm also still looking for good sleeper picks for fantasy play, so if any of you Loyal Readers have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. I'm pretty solidly in the Manning-before-Tomlinson camp and the choice seems like a no-brainer to me. But, I'll be happy to hear any explanation of why I would choose to forego picking the man who has proven to be the NFL's most prolific scorer. Now, I'm intrigued by what I read about Buffalo's seemingly insane choice for a starting QB, and maybe it wasn't quite so insane after all, so let me know what you all think about this J.P. Losman kid, too.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Are all these guys you keep writing about cute? Otherwise, what's the point? Just pick the dude with the coolest sounding name.

Burt Likko said...

Yes, honey, they're all very cute. They're in good shape, too -- they are professional athletes after all, so they work out a lot. However, that's actually not why I'm interested in them.