July 9, 2005

Connecticut

After getting up way too early and flying all morning, The Wife and I arrived in Hartford, Connecticut to visit with my parents. Connecticut is amazingly green and lush. The Italian food we had for lunch was quite good. The critters are under the watchful eye of helpful and trustworthy young friends who have agreed to housesit. I'll confess to moderate worry about their welfare but that's just separation anxiety.

Apparently we're going down to somewhere near Long Island Sound tomorrow for lobster rolls and there is talk of a four-state jaunt through Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire. A glance at the map reveals that Rhode Island would be more difficult to get to than one would have thought. But I'm at a loss for things to do; I really don't know what's available to do here. Not that too much to do is necessary; relaxing and not worrying about much of anything is one of the points of going on a vacation.

No comments: