July 5, 2005

Busy with work

It's not unusual for a lawyer to take some work home in the evenings, especially when his work day ends at a pre-determined time, like mine does. It kind of sucks doing work at home but that's part of the territory. So after a few hours of review and reading, thought and strategizing, and with some good memoranda of support from my co-counsel, I'm ready for a day of depositions up in Oak Ridge tomorrow.

This despite several hours of running errands after work including picking up a new water filter for the refrigerator, getting river rocks delivered for work on the lawn, and running to Target for kitty supplies. Annoyingly, my debit card appears to be demagnetizing or otherwise malfunctioning. If that doesn't get cleared up, I'll need to figure some way out to get money for lunch tomorrow, because I have zero cash.

But that's for tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to try to get more, and better, sleep than last night. The first day of the week is always rough for sleep, in terms of both quantity and quality. So maybe I can make up for it tonight.

No comments: