March 9, 2006

Not Healthy Enough To Sleep

Yesterday, I felt strong enough to go out and about; I went to the dentist and ran various errands and had lunch with The Wife. I was able to lift and carry heavy bags of pet food and play with the dogs. I was able to do all this without drugs.

But I was not healthy enough to peacefully fall asleep. I thought so, returning to the real bed for the first time in several days, but as soon as I lay down on my back, the drip started, and that induced heavy coughing, and that woke The Wife up. So once again I went to the guest bedroom for the night, where I coughed and hacked myself to sleep. It's been nearly a week now since the first symptoms showed up -- Ye Gods, when does this ever end?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had something similar for about a week. Mine was accompanied by a pleasant stomach ailment as well, so if you dodged that, count yourself lucky.

Pamela said...

I hate the drip! That type of sickness is horrible it makes me feel like I'm choking. I really hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Now, think back. What did you do to deserve this? Sounds like a big helping of bad karma to me.