December 3, 2005

Some Good News

Yesterday, The Wife found out that her application to the University of Tennessee had been accepted. Assuming that I can find work here, she'll hopefully decide to go to school full-time there and get about the best college degree possible one could hope for, at least locally -- having a little Orange on your resume is a big help finding work around here.

Her acceptance form has a picture of this fellow on it. I thought the marriage of the strategically-placed classical toga and the figure's modern-era haircut was particularly amusing.

I'm proud of her and I can't wait to find out what her experiences will be like. Yes, this is another development to throw into the mix of what our lives will be like next year. And if she goes full-time, yes, that will put some additional pressure on me to bring home the bacon, as it were. I'm more than willing to do it; it's both a long-term investment in our future together and the right thing to do to make her happy. But in a month when both The Wife and I have been dissatisfied with our jobs, I have found that I will be losing my job and need to get a different one, we face the stresses of buying a house, the inevitable stresses of preparing for the holidays, and the depressing onset of winter, at least there is some good news to throw in to the mix.

No comments: